Breaking Dawn movie director Bill Condon had a press conference with producer Wyck Godfrey and Rio Filme director Sérgio Sá Leitão. Some highlights from the conference are as follows:
- According to Bill Condon, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are enjoying the outpouring of fan love. He added that he was enjoying it too.
- Due to the efforts of Rio Filme they realized that Rio is a very vibrant place, and they decided that the city would be used. They wanted to include the real authentic culture and flavor of Brazil that’s why they filmed in the Lapa section
- They didn’t want to persay used the most known locations
- Ilse Esme will be filmed in Mamanguá in Paraty, on the southern coast of Rio, where the team moves today.
- Wyck Godfrey stated that they were done filming in Rio proper
- Sergio Sa Leitao, president of Rio Filme, added that the crew would be back to Rio just to make aerial images of the city.
- They expect to be in Brazil for 10 days and shoot on 5 of them. Other days are for arrivals, departures, set ups, travel, etc.
- The Isle Esme location is remote and under tight security all personnel working there have been instructed to leave all recording devices, cameras, smart photos, etc. at home or they will be confiscated. Anyone found taping illegally faces serious fines and/or prosecution
After the conference the crew all packed up and took a helicopter ride to their next destination!
[R7 via Lexicon]